Dec 7, 2011

The Clinton Chronicles


Damn it feels good to be a gangsta...

The Clinton Chronicles was an interesting documentary to watch, and a perfect sequel to one of the films on Iran/Contra.  This film brings many Bill Clinton's (former) associates together to paint a picture of what this man's role in the aforementioned scandal likely was- a powerful, well-connected, and corrupt political leader who would facilitate the drug running and money laundering aspect of this "secret government" plot.

Many people connected to Clinton- former bodyguards, girlfriends, and even those involved in Iran/Contra- bravely came forward to share what they knew of this plot.  Many died in bizarre ways- those more fortunate saw their careers ruined, and their lawsuits sabotaged.  For an example, see this statement (a must read to understand legal sabotage) released in 1996 by Terry Reed, a pilot who worked for the CIA during Iran/Contra.

Or, you could just check out these lyrics from the Ghetto Boys on an album released election day 1992:

And now, a word from the president! 
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta 
Gettin voted into the white house 
Everything lookin good to the people of the world 
But the mafia family is my boss 
So every now and then I owe a favor gettin' down 
Like lettin' a big drug shipment through 
And send 'em to the poor community 
So we can bust you know who 
So voters of the world keep supportin' me 
And I promise to take you very far 
Other leaders better not upset me 
Or I'll send a million troops to die at war 
To all you republicans, that helped me win 
I sincerely like to thank you 
'cause now I got the world swingin' from my nuts 
And damn it feels good to be a gangsta

--From Ghetto Boys Uncut Dope: Ghetto Boys Best  Released November 3, 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment